Welcome to the Education Resources Page!
Need assistance with research? Discover online resources on education, educational administration & leadership, curriculum development, pedagogy, standards, action research and much. Have fun!
Image from Microsoft Clip Art Collection
5 steps to successful research
- Find a focus: Develop a manageable topic - not too broad, not too narrow. Frame your topic idea as a question. For example: What is the impact of the recession on public housing projects?
- Craft a thesis statement: The thesis statement is a position, an assertion or opinion in need of explanation.
- identify needed information: Decide what books, reference sources, and articles will help you throughly resarch your subject. Consider current books, eBooks, articles, and decide if you need to interview experts on the subject.
- Create your research strategy: List keywords, synonyms and related terms, subject tems, and descriptors for your research.
- Review your findings: Look at the quality, quantity, and relevance of the results. Does your research support your thesis? Are you finding relevant facts and quotes? Identify the gaps. Ask yourself: What else do I ned to know? What seems to be missing?