Welcome from the Pearson Library's Physics resource page!
This resource page will help you discover all that the Pearson Library has to offer, from finding books to finding articles, as well as our other services to help you find what you need. Ask us if you need any help!
Image from: http://physics.neiu.edu/degree_programs/why.html
Parts of a Scholarly Article
What parts does a scholarly article have? Click here to find out.
5 steps to successful research
- Find a focus: Develop a manageable topic - not too broad, not too narrow. Frame your topic idea as a question. For example: What is the impact of the recession on public housing projects?
- Craft a thesis statement: The thesis statement is a position, an assertion or opinion in need of explanation.
- identify needed information: Decide what books, reference sources, and articles will help you throughly resarch your subject. Consider current books, eBooks, articles, and decide if you need to interview experts on the subject.
- Create your research strategy: List keywords, synonyms and related terms, subject tems, and descriptors for your research.
- Review your findings: Look at the quality, quantity, and relevance of the results. Does your research support your thesis? Are you finding relevant facts and quotes? Identify the gaps. Ask yourself: What else do I ned to know? What seems to be missing?