Welcome to the Environmental Science Library Guide!
Looking for help with your research paper? Then look no further! You can find subject specific books, articles databases, websites and much more right here. To access databases, websites and research help, click on the yellow tabs at the top of the page.
Photo by Henri Mondschein
Multnomah Falls, Oregon
For a great resource for E-Books (save paper!) check out Ebrary!
- ebrary Academic Complete | Usage Help A growing collection of more than 52,000 titles in all academic subject areas, most published since 2004. NOTE: THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE ADDED FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS DATABASE: Once on the Ebrary website click Sign In link (upper right corner) to utilize the Bookshelf functionality. Also, Ebrary’s Plug-in has to be dowloaded by clicking on Ebrary Reader button located by the title.
Check out the new library books and National Geographic documentary just added to the collection by selecting the
"Pearson Library Books" tab at the top of the page!
Photos by Henri Mondschein
Silver Falls State Park, Oregon Rainbow at Crater Lake, Oregon
July 2014 July 2014
5 steps to successful research
- Find a focus: Develop a manageable topic - not too broad, not too narrow. Frame your topic idea as a question. For example: What is the impact of the recession on public housing projects?
- Craft a thesis statement: The thesis statement is a position, an assertion or opinion in need of explanation.
- Identify needed information: Decide what books, reference sources, and articles will help you thoroughly research your subject. Consider current books, eBooks, articles, and decide if you need to interview experts on the subject.
- Create your research strategy: List keywords, synonyms and related terms, subject terms, and descriptors for your research.
- Review your findings: Look at the quality, quantity, and relevance of the results. Does your research support your thesis? Are you finding relevant facts and quotes? Identify the gaps. Ask yourself: What else do I need to know? What seems to be missing?