Public Policy & Administration
Welcome to the MPPA Library Resource Page!
This resource page will help you discover all that the Pearson Library has to offer, from finding books to finding articles, as well as our other services to help you find what you need. Ask us if you need any help!
Image from: www.zimbio.com
California Gov. Jerry Brown
5 steps to successful research
- Find a focus: Develop a manageable topic - not too broad, not too narrow. Frame your topic idea as a question. For example: What is the impact of the recession on public housing projects?
- Craft a thesis statement: The thesis statement is a position, an assertion or opinion in need of explanation.
- Identify needed information: Decide what books, reference sources, and articles will help you thoroughly research your subject. Consider current books, eBooks, articles, and decide if you need to interview experts on the subject.
- Create your research strategy: List keywords, synonyms and related terms, subject terms, and descriptors for your research.
- Review your findings: Look at the quality, quantity, and relevance of the results. Does your research support your thesis? Are you finding relevant facts and quotes? Identify the gaps. Ask yourself: What else do I need to know? What seems to be missing?
Questions? Use Pearson Library's FAQ's "Ask a Librarian!"
Are you off campus?
Access databases from anywhere by logging into your MyCLU Portal. Click on the library tab and you're ready to go!