Welcome to the Global Studies Research Guide!
This resource page will help you discover all that the Pearson Library has to offer, from finding books and articles, to research help and website recommendations. Please let us know if you have any questions!
The Palace of Nations. Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
5 steps to successful research
- Find a focus: Develop a manageable topic - not too broad, not too narrow. Frame your topic idea as a question. For example: What is the impact of the recession on public housing projects?
- Craft a thesis statement: The thesis statement is a position, an assertion or opinion in need of explanation.
- identify needed information: Decide what books, reference sources, and articles will help you throughly resarch your subject. Consider current books, eBooks, articles, and decide if you need to interview experts on the subject.
- Create your research strategy: List keywords, synonyms and related terms, subject tems, and descriptors for your research.
- Review your findings: Look at the quality, quantity, and relevance of the results. Does your research support your thesis? Are you finding relevant facts and quotes? Identify the gaps. Ask yourself: What else do I ned to know? What seems to be missing?